Saturday, January 17, 2009

The beach in January!!!



This week the weather was AMAZING! We went to the beach 3 times. On Tues. and Thurs. the kids and I went with some of our friends and had a great time. I just kept thinking when can you ever go to the beach in January in your bathing suit, play in the water and not be cold? No other time that I can think of but this week that is exactly what happened.





Aleena loved the water! I couldn't keep her out of it and she got her clothes soaking wet. I learned my lesson and put her in a bathing suit the next couple of times we went.


Trip # 3



Later that week on Saturday we went to dog beach in Huntington (yes we brought all 3 of our large dogs with us) with all my family. Jimmy took James out on a surfboard and helped him catch some waves since James, as of a few weeks ago, decided he wants to be a surfer. It was a great day and we are so blessed to have family so close by that they can join us on a spur of the moment beach trip!


I was a little brain dead that day and only took these three photos; I am so bummed at myself. At least in this photo you can see one of the dogs and my Dad in the background.







2 comments:

Dickson Family said...

We love the beach too, we should go more together!!! I wish on day #3 we would have taken some pics too of the kids playing together. Oh well, I guess we will just have to go again.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

How fun that you were able to spend time at the beach. Beautiful weather!!! Hopefully we will make to Cali this summer and enjoy the beach:).