Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

We had the most wonderful Easter this year! We created a new family tradition of waking up Easter morning a little before sunrise and, as a family, went up on the roof of our house to read the story of Easter as the sun came up. The kids actually enjoyed it and we as parents loved the dramatic way in which it taught our children the importance of the true meaning of Easter. Later that day we went to my parents house and had such a fun time being all together. We feel very blessed to be so close to some of our family and wish we could have been with those who live further away. We hope all of our friends and family had a beautiful Easter day too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are sooooo wonderful! What a beautiful family, you must have unbelievable parents!

Love,

Dad

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I love your blog and I am so excited that we can keep in touch through blogging and your children are darling. When I first started blogging I used that same backround too:). What a sweet tradition to do with your children. I am sure James and Makayla enjoyed being up on the roof. I wish we lived closer, yet isn't it so nice to live near your parents too:)...especially now that we have kids.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I love the girls matching dresses too. Isn't it so fun having 2 girls to dress up.

shira said...

I really wish I could have been there to watch the kids do the easter egg hunt. They look so cute in their easter outfits! Dad was telling us how you did a sunrise service on the roof with the kids...that is awesome!